Jiofi is one of the most trending gadgets used nowadays. If this is your first time to configure this device, you’d be surprised how easy this is. It is a user-friendly device and it is easy to set up. To access it, one has to learn to configure it using the JioFi.local.html web user interface.
JioFi Configuration & Activation
- The setup process is pretty simple. First of all, Jio sim has to be activated. The sim activation process is straightforward so just try to follow the instruction carefully.
- Install the Jio voice app (Jio4GVoice) on your phone from Play Store.
- Once the activation finishes, you will receive a message on your other number.
- Login to the JioFi 2 router with the default password. It’s usually printed on the box’s sticker.
- Then start the Jio4GVoice app. It will try to connect to the router and once completed it will send an OTP to your other number.
- Use the One-Time-Password in the Jio4GVoiceapp to connect. Once the app shows online status, you need to call 1977 for verification.
- You will be asked to confirm details about the ID documents you have provided them during Jio 4G SIM card registration. Keep that info ready.
- Service on your Sim card will start in time. The verification takes time to complete. So wait until you receive a message that will inform you that it is ready to use.
JioFi.local.html Web UI Login
After the activation process, one can access the router settings by logging into the device.The login procedure is simple.
- Open the Google Chrome or Mozilla browser and open 192.168.1.1 or http://jiofi.local.html. The URL should be entered correctly else the page would not open.
- Once the page opens, you will see at the right corner of your screen a button called “Login Button“. Click on it.
- Enter the username as “administrator” and password as “administrator“. These are default login details of any JioFi device. And you can also change those login information if you want more security.
- Then the JioFi Web GUI will appear and you can configure it the way you want to.
JioFi Available Settings
After logging into the router, one can perform various changes to its settings such as:
- changing username and password
- accessing the storage slot
- changing the security options.
You may change the settings as many times as you want by simply logging into the device.
JioFi Reset Option
It is common to forget the username or the password or both each time you change it. But one should not worry about this. The router is easy to reset back to its default settings using the reset button.
- Simply press and hold the reset button for about 30 seconds by powering on the device. The Reset button will be available on the backside of your device.
- Once pressed, the router will reset itself to its factory settings.
- Now, log in using the default username and password.
JioFi is easy to setup, work with, and to manage. It offers various features and is compatible with most devices using wireless connectivity. It is one good gadget to have and it’s worth the price.